Town & Country School’s admission policy requires a student to have a primary diagnosis of a learning difference or attention disorder with an average IQ. Not everyone who applies is accepted. We are selective in our process to ensure that the students we accept will flourish in their school environment and find a true fit at Town & Country School. T&C is best equipped to serve the educational needs of students of average to superior ability and who experience no or minimal to moderate learning differences. Town & Country School is not equipped, nor is its faculty trained, to work with students experiencing moderate to severe cognitive, emotional,or behavioral disabilities. We do accept some students who have a history of mild behavior issues as a result of frustration or social issues. First priority is given to returning students. Priority of new admissions is on a first come, first serve basis, guided by available space in each grade.
Please do not submit the originals of your documents as they will become the property of Town & Country School and will not be duplicated or forwarded on to third parties. We cannot process incomplete applications. Only when a complete application packet has been received will the Admissions Committee review the records. If Town & Country is not appropriate for your child, you will be notified as soon as possible after the Committee has reviewed your application materials.
Step 1 – Assessment
- Complete and return application materials (including application, student history, immunization record, medical records if a student has had significant medical problems, & $75 application fee)
- Complete the applicant portion of the Request for Transcript/Educational Records, Principal Counselor Form and Teacher Form and give them to the appropriate staff at the student’s current school. We request that school records include a copy of the IEP/MEEGS, the transcript (grades 9-12), grades and test scores.
- Submit current Psycho-Educational testing (within the last three years) to include an intelligence test with subtest scores and a measure of current achievement levels (within the last two years)
- Any other professional evaluations that have been administered should be submitted: speech therapy, occupational therapy, psychological evaluations.
- The deadline for accepting students for the current school year is March 1st. Application materials will be accepted through the summer months.
Step 2 – Interview & Tour (initiated by T&C for selected candidates)
- Family interview (parents/guardians and candidate)
- Possible shadowing arrangements for candidate at grade level
Step 3 – Review
- Final file review by Admissions Team
- Admissions decision letter sent
- Upon official acceptance for enrollment financial aid applicants can access information & download forms from our website
Step 4 – Enrollment
In order for an accepted student to be enrolled, the following must be completed:
- $250 enrollment fee to hold student slot
- Sign Conditional Enrollment form
- Complete Enrollment Packet
Town & Country School accepts applications throughout the school year.