TOWN AND COUNTRY UPPER SCHOOL PTL
The Town and Country Upper School PTL would like to welcome all new and returning students and their families back to school! We are looking forward to another great year and getting to know all of the new families.
The PTL is a league of parents and teachers at Town and Country School. As Town and Country parents, we are here because we have children who learn differently. The PTL's goal is to foster a nurturing and caring environment that strives for continued parent involvement in helping build a better educational setting for our kids. We also promote a community where the teachers and administration can do their best work with the resources we can help provide. Through our membership and fundraising efforts, the PTL provides educational materials and equipment for the school, as well as improvements to the facility. We sponsor field trips, outside educational programs, and other fun opportunities that come up during the year.
We have an exciting year of activities planned for everyone to enjoy. The following pages provide a calendar of events for the 2016-17 year, a description of the events and the volunteer opportunities available. We encourage you to support the US PTL by attending meetings and becoming involved. Parents are required to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours a year. You will be responsible for keeping track of those hours and turning them in to Tonya Stone (email@example.com). Attending the PTL meetings, baking cookies or brownies, or helping during an event are great ways to meet this requirement and get to know the other parents and school staff. If you sign up to be a chair for an event, your volunteer hours are waived.
Thank you for helping to make a difference!
Your PTL officers,
Kari Wheeler, Andy Farrell, Lisa Gage, Kami Hoar, and Tisha Burris
Jen Owczarski- upper school treasurer
All Volunteer Hours are reported to Tonya Stone
firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-296-3113 ext. 103
Download Volunteer Sign Up Sheet and Hours Log
Upper School PTL Dates for 2016-2017
* Tuesday, August 16th – Orientation US 9-11 AM LS 1-3 PM
* Thursday, August 18th-First Day of School
* Week of September 19th through 23rd - School Book Fair
* Tuesday, September 20th -PTL Lunch Meeting (Lunch will be provided) 12:00-1:00 pm.
* September 22nd – Ground Breaking for New Gym @ 10:30 AM
* October 6th - Vision Screening Day 9 AM
* Friday, October 14th - Upper School Fiery Trails Hayride 6-9 pm
* September 13th - School Picture Day
* October 4th - Picture Retakes and Group Photos
* October 10th – Lower School Grandparent’s Reception
* November 4th – Lower School Games Night 5:30 to 8:00 PM.
* Friday, December 2nd - Winter Dance 7-9 pm in the T&C Gym with a DJ
* Tuesday, December 6th - PTL Holiday Luncheon 10:30-1 Workroom
* Saturday, February 11th - Prom
* Saturday, March 4th- Lower School Bingo/Dessert Auction
* Tuesday, March 7th-PTL Lunch Meeting (Lunch will be provided.)
* Friday, March 24th - Upper School Bingo/Dessert Auction 7-9pm
* Saturday, March 25th – Sports Banquet
* Friday, April 7th-Spring Fling Dance in the T&C Gym 7-9 PM
* Thursday, April 21st –Jog-A-Thon
* Week of May 1st through the 4th Teacher Appreciation Week
* Tuesday, May 2nd – TA luncheon
* Monday, May 8th – Tea off For T&C Golf Tournament
* Wednesday, May 17th 11:30 to 1 pm Senior Luncheon
* Wednesday, May 17th at 7 pm Graduation
* May 18th or Last day of school will be Upper School Field Day 8-11am